Monday 15 June 2015

Marianne Design Divas June Flowers

Time for our June challenge at the Marianne Design Divas blog, and we would like to see flowers a plenty on your creation.  Of course, you also need to use a minimum of 3 things from Marianne Design - not a problem for me!  Our sponsor for this challenge is Nikki at Bunny Zoe's Crafts as well as Marianne Design.

I have made a flowery card in shades of pink and blue and created all the flowers myself, from scratch.  I've die cut the layers from MD Mulberry paper then inked with either Summer Sky or Rose Bud Momento ink by dabbing the ink onto my craft mat, adding a spritz of water and dipping the edges of the petals in .. .. it makes for different shades each time.  With the little bud flowers it was easier to wet the whole flower as they are quite tiny.  Here are the dies I used to create my flowers and accents:

For the large blue flower I cut 2 large and two small, and forgot to add the stamen die to the picture, it's from the same set, LR0111. After inking with blue, I've lightly spritzed the back of the flower before scrunching up and leaving to dry. Once dry flatten them out a little and stick together finishing off with the blue gem.

The smaller pink and blue flowers are cut with the smallest daisy die in set CR1201, again two layers then use a ball tool to push down in the middle to bring the petals together and overlapping a little. For the centres I've glued in the pearl stamens.  Finally, those tiny wee buds are each cut with the small flower die (from the cup cake set LR0160).  I snipped a little 'V' into the centre then rolled up the flowers whilst still damp, then when dried added pva dries clear glue to the join and to stick them down on my card.  OK, let me show you the card .. .. ..

I've used paper from the MD Flower Garden paper pack with my faux stitch edging inked with the blue ink.  I've used my oval Passe Par-tout dies cut in ivory for the centre of the card and the text mat, I've had issues using these in the past, not really understanding how they worked but suddenly a light bulb moment and result!  The text is a small clear stamp from my stash that I've had for at least a decade .. .. but it was the only one that worked vertically on my small oval mat. The butterflies I cut from the same Mulberry paper that I'd dragged through the left over pink ink so in the end I got different coloured butterflies, I like the way they turned out.  I've finished off with pearls and a pale pink organza bow, admittedly it was hard to know when to stop with those flowers!

So this is the full list of Marianne Design products on this card:
Mulberry Paper RB2219
Flower Garden 6x6 Paper Pack PK9112
Blue lace down the side (under the pearl string) JU0845
Passe par-tout oval CR1241
Tiny's forget-me-not spray CR1307
Tiny's swirls and leaves (just the leaves) CR1245
middle size blue and pink flowers CR1201
large blue flower LR0111
small bud flowers from LR0160
butterflies from LR0261
faux stitching created with LR0161

The Allsorts challenge blog theme is Flower Power so that definitely fits my card!

I'm struggling a little bit health wise just at the moment so please excuse me if I'm not around for a while, I do have my CCT projects all done for June so at least there will be something for you to see each week.  Hopefully I can get back into the crafty groove again soon. Take care! and thanks for stopping by.


  1. A very gorgeous card Annie,love your colours and flowers.Sending you gentle hugs xx

  2. This is amazing Annie. Funnily enough I have quite a few of those floral dies but they NEVER look like yours!! Hope you are soon well xx

  3. What a beautiful card, love those flowers.

  4. Lovely card. Thank you for showing us the dies you used

  5. Gorgeous card Annie, your flowers are fabulous - will have to have a go at some myself.


Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.