Saturday, 27 July 2013

I've got Frillies!


Yes, after weeks of trying to decide between the different shapes and sizes, I finally ordered a set of Go Kreate Large Frame Frilly #10 dies - and what wonderful service, they came the following day!  Of course, now I want another set .. .. but will have to wait a month or so for the piggy bank to fill back up!  I've had no problems cutting through a double layer of card to create my blank, making sure I didn't go all the way through on the spine so I had a card .. .. and then cutting a paper layer to fix on the top.  Expect to see several shaped cards in the next few days .. ..

But this is my first design, a Christmas card with Lili of the Valley's stamp, the perfect snowman, coloured with my Copics then a touch of Lace Stickles for the snow.  I've embellished with various Marianne Design snowflakes, and had to strategically place a couple of them when I discovered that I hadn't washed my hands well enough after picking strawberries from the garden - oops!  I've also added lots of Stickles to the snowflakes too, a real sparkly number under the lights, but not showing up too well in my pictures.





Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge is for snowmen or snow-women this week and Holly Jolly are also looking for snowmen, and I think I can just about manage to enter the Christmas Card Challenge for snowflakes.

I'm supposed to be tidying up the table and putting crafty things away before the grandkids arrive, but I might just finish off another frilly card I have almost made, then I can schedule it to share with you tomorrow.  Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome Annie, the perfect Christmas card hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Annie.
    Lovely colored image.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and so gorgeous Annie, fabulous shape.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh it's fab. I love the shape and the gorgeous snowflakes
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, love the shape and fab image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aawww just love this Annie! I adore this LOTV image and lovin all the fab snowflakes too!
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie, this is adorable, I love it. Fab shape, super image and love the details.
    Hope you're well.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. love the image and the colouring is superb. great shape. oh and love the snow flakes x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.