Marianne Design challenge for a new home project, I am cutting it fine! I had to wait until this morning to take the pictures, and still things are a little dull with it being a dismal day here in Cornwall, but at least it's not raining yet!
I've made a little hanging decoration for a dear couple who have plans to move home in the near future. It's taken a while to put together as I was making things up as I went along .. .. but started with a square of card from the back of a notebook, so quite sturdy. I recently got some Americana Acrylic paints from Buddly Crafts - love them! The paint covers in just one coat, not even painted on thick, and dries mat. This shade is light French blue. I'm linking up to the shop as I go, just in case you want to go shopping or see what I used!
I've used paper from the Marianne Design Victorian Vintage pack throughout the project, and for the front I simple cut a square a wee bit smaller than my base and distressed around the edge. Here's a close up:
I punched holes to thread my dusty blue organza ribbon through but then had to glue the butterfly and the text on to keep it from slipping back out - should have used the smaller hole punch! And I could only have the one butterfly as I ran out of the oval blue pearls .. ..
I've added two pieces of lace across the bottom edge, I couldn't see the cream vintage lace on the shop, perhaps it's discontinued but there are plenty others to choose from. The blue lace is from the blue mixed pack and is still available.
The text is from a set of clear little stamps that comes with the house die I used for my dangle - here's a close up of it:
I cut it from the thick card first and painted around the edge. I fixed the cut out windows back into the die with paper tape and painted over that - you will see on the back of the house in just a bit .. .. I also stuck the cut out heart back in as well. Then I cut out the house from patterned papers for front and back cutting off the roof edge before sticking down. I've used a Versamagic chalk ink Aegean Blue to ink the edges of the paper, but wish I had remembered to ink the roof line before glueing down .. .. next time!
I've used the same ink to colour my flowers, here's the close up of them on the main section:
I've used the new punch die flowers, as it's called. It's just a thin die that cuts lots of flowers of different sizes all together. I've also used the punch die Autumn leaves as well, just picking out the smaller leaves for this project and the smaller flowers. I've cut them out of Mulberry paper and then inked and spritzed the flowers and leaves before shaping them with a ball tool. Once dry I've layered up and glued to my project.
And I had better show you a close up of the heart I added. I got a pack of different shapes of hearts at the Cornwall Papercraft fair a few weeks back. I chose this big one and painted it, then used Versamark to heat emboss the design with white embossing powder on top. The stamp and powder are old stash - I was just messing about but was fairly pleased with how it turned out so decided to use it! The trellis behind is from the trellis die in the Anja's Vintage frame set, I simply laid the heart over the middle and stuck down then trimmed back.
Here it is:
Well that's about it for the front of the New Home hanger. On the back I've kept things plainer so it could be hung against a wall or cupboard and sit flat.
I've die cut the elegant square and glued it on, then the pretty oval from the passe partout set with the stamped text - another in the house die and stamp set. I've used a grey Momento ink for stamping my texts.
And here is the final picture of the back of the New Home hanging decoration.
I have had fun making it over several days - stopping and starting, and scratching my head in between wondering what to do next - it does seem to be the way I craft these days!
The Fab 'n' Funky challenge is to upcycle/recycle something - well my starting point was the cardboard at the back of an old note book.
The ABC blog have a recipe for their challenge - I have the middle line of ribbon, dies and blue.
And The Corrosive blog challenge is for a mixed media project so hopefully my mix of paint, paper and embellishments will be ok for their theme.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my little project, I hope you like it - now I had better get it linked up to the Marianne Design blog pdq!