Wednesday 24 June 2015

Christmas Bauble

This is one of my messing about creations that actually didn't turn out half bad!  I was browsing through my die cut bit box, you know how it is when you've cut something and end up not using it .. .. and at the back of your mind you have a theme that you should be working on for an upcoming DT creation .. .. but get side-tracked!  Well this is the result!

The red base circle and white doily were already cut and so was the white fancy piece behind my embellishment, although you can't see it much.  I needed another red layer so cut one from the red bottom layer - it wont be missed as there's another white layer on the back ready to have a text or to/from stamped on it.  Then I thought, rather than make it for a card, turn in into a bauble so I cut the bauble hanger bit out twice, but first added the gold Stickles to the edges of the red layers and on the embossed bits on the bauble hanger before sticking the two bits back to back.  Are you still with me?  OK then, here's a picture of the Marianne Design dies I used, but I forgot to add the bells in, they are from set COL1363:

Once the Stickles were dry I layered up my pieces using 3d foam for the middle layer so it stands proud of the base. I found the gold lace ribbon in my stash to make a bow and for the hanging loop and die cut the holly leaves from shiny gold card and the bells from white, but then I had to dig out my glue gun to fix the bells as by then the gold bow and leaves made it too thick to use my normal dries clear glue .. .. hot glue is not my favourite as I get strings of glue everywhere, but it worked and keeps the bells proud but in place.  Finally the flowers!  I've been playing again with handmade paper and these are made with thin tissue so 4 layers in each, at least you can cut all the layers in one go!  Then more rummaging and I found the red sparkle brads, snipped off the prongs and hot glued them into the flowers.

So that's it, not what I started out to do but I think it turned out ok, and I can enter into several Christmas challenges with it. Fab 'n' Funky - Christmas, Holly Jolly - Tag It, Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Merry and Bright, and Winter Wonderland - no cards.

Here are more of my flower creations I made whilst messing about.  The best is the bottom left as that is made with Marianne Design Mulberry paper which when it dries goes back to being stiff so holds the shape better.  They are made with the larger version of the poinsettia die LRO122, although the bottom right one has a mini flower added to the centre and only the smaller die from the set used for the 2 layers of bigger petals.  From my results it pays to go with thick Mulberry paper so they flowers stay 'up', my top flower is made with a paper that almost disintegrated when it was wet and I had to be very careful when pulling the flower petals out when they were dry so as not to tear them.  It's ok though and will be used on something or other .. .. look out for them later!

Thank you for stopping by, and for the lovely comments I've been getting.  Hope to see you again soon.


  1. Lovely Christmas bauble, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck.

    Pat xx

  2. Fabulous festive creation! (I really like those gorgeous flowers too!) Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky!

  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 234 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

  4. Congratulations on your win at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge!! Can't wait to see what Deedee's Digis you get and play with.
    Kathy D.
    Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator

  5. Wow, lots of work in this. I love how you designed it. I'm not familiar with the dies you used, but will definitely check them out. The flowers are fabulous!!
    Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. I hope you'll share your creations with us again.



Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.