New picture with a third rose leaf added - looks better now!
Yesterday I went for a little stroll with hubby and the dogs up on Goss Moor. It was surprising how much green there is still around, albeit more muted and olive in tone, and every now and then a splash of scarlet red from fallen leaf or berries and a little bright yellow from the wild evening primrose flowers that seem to bloom right up 'till winter.
This afternoon I've let hubby take the dogs on his own to the beach as I'm feeling tired, and instead I've been having a play with my new mini hot glue gun. I diecut the flowers from 3 different autumnal shades of HOTP card using Marianne die CR1202 - the advantage of the HOTP card is it's thin enough to shape and has a beige back so no white underneath to show up. I've inked the edges of everything with Versamagic Sahara Sand chalk ink just in case, and once the layers were shaped and stuck together I added a gold bead with my Wacco pearl maker pen. I found an old seed head stamp and stamped a design on a square of Eco board then used Versamagic chalk inks in Tea Leaves (green), Mango Madness (orange), and Malted Mauve (dusty pink) to colour, edged with a gold ink pen then fixed my flower on. To pick up the green I cut a strip of the HOTP card to go across my base kraft card, a couple of rose leaves from LRO162 to slip under the flower, added the text, a little butterfly from LRO158, and more gold beads. It's for the Less Is More challenge so I quit at that!
Crafty Cardmakers and Allsorts blog challenges are also for autumn colours, and the Anything Goes challenge is to make your own embellishments - done that!