Monday, 11 April 2011

Make a Wish

I coloured this dandelion clock fairy last week for the LOTV challenge to create with peach and green. Then I couldn't find papers I was happy with - I had this green in my stash, but nothing peach, so on Saturday took the coloured image to the craft shop to see what I could find .. .. well although I did pick up a pretty peach design, in the end I went back to my green choice. Talk about dithering .. .. it's taken me all day to put this card together and the touch of peach that you can see is a tiny scrap from my stash with a touch of patchwork and the flowers strategically placed to hide the joins. I've had problems taking the picture as well as although it's trying to brighten up, it's been raining and the light is rather strange today - after deleting several attempts in the end I used my desk lamp. It's a miracle the card finally got finished as it nearly went in the bin several times!

The flowers are created from the heads I've cut off fabric flowers glued onto puched layers. The leaves and the white lace border are Marianne diecuts, the butterflies are a Nellie's Choice punch and the corners are Qickutz.

The Flutterby Wednesday blog has been running an open theme so I can also enter their challenge with my card, and the Lollipop Crafts challenge is for an 'all girl' creation - perfect!

19 comments:

  1. Oh Annie, I just love your card. Love all the embossed bits and your punched flowers are superb. Wow! Wonderful work! hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!! Annie, this is so so sweet!! I love your image and your coloring!!! The flowers and lace doily look perfect with this!! Smiles, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww so pretty Annie - i love the soft pink and green
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is certainly very pretty Annie, a great take on this weeks challenge. Sorry to hear your weathers not so good. Been glorious here in Kent for the last few days. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV and enjoy the rest of your week!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right - Perfect!

    Great job and thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts

    Warm Crafty Hugs,
    Juelmarie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Looks delicate!
    xxx
    Dutch Tulip
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous car Annie, love the flowers and the colours
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous card Annie,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Annie. The flowers are very delicate and pretty and I love the Marianne border.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh a gorgeous card Annie, adore the lil' fairy, gorgeous colours, love the lacey border and lovely delicate flowers too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet Annie. Love the soft colours you've used and all the lovely flowers. And of course that pretty image.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!
    Annie this is so beautiful!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know the bin syndrome......& the deleting photographs. I do like your little bit of peach though - very effective & I shall have to reacquaint myself with LOTV images - she's such a lovely one. Love all the bits of white on this - utterly effective with the peach & green. Have a good week.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, beautiful card Annie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Annie :-) the image is just sooo cute and I love the papers and flowers too ,,, stunning !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! All those little dainty flowers look sooooo cute! Love your card!
    Thank you so much for joining the LOTV Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting!
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annie congrats on your LOTV challenge win your card is absolutely stunning and love the lacy trim you have used.

    Hope you are feeling well.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so dainty and pretty. I love it. Thanks for joining our girly challenge at Lollipop Crafts this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just adorable!! Congratulations on your win! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.